University of Worcester Counselling & Mental Health Self-Referral Form 2019-20 is closed
How to Book an Appointment
We have changed how students access support from the Counselling and Mental Health Service. To enable you to be seen as soon as possible we offer STAR (Support Triage Advice Refer) appointments.
Please book a STAR appointment as soon as you can, via firstpoint, so that we can assess and discuss the most appropriate support for you. The 30-minute STAR appointments are available Monday – Friday between 9:00am and 4:30pm. Please let firstpoint know some Possible Dates and Times you would be available to attend an appointment and let them know your Full Name and Student ID number.
You can book the STAR appointment in the following ways:
- Visit firstpoint in the Peirson Study and Guidance Centre, St John’s Campus.
- E-mail firstpoint: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone firstpoint: 01905 54 2551
If in the meantime you feel you need some additional support, many students find it helpful to see their GP, or alternatively there are a list of useful resources and contacts below.
Useful Resources and Contacts
There is some useful information and self-help resources available on the University Counselling and Mental Health team website www.worc.ac.uk/counselling/ or other sites such as www.cci.health.wa.gov.au/Resources, www.getselfhelp.co.uk, www.nhs.uk/oneyou/every-mind-matters/ and www.moodjuice.scot.nhs.uk.
NHS Worcestershire Healthy Minds (www.hacw.nhs.uk/our-services/healthy-minds) have some excellent face to face and online short courses and other resources that you can refer yourself to. Worcestershire Wellbeing Hub have a resources directory (worcestershire.wellbeinghub.org.uk/), including legal, housing, benefits and psychiatric services and other therapies. The services included can be accessed directly, and there is no need to see a health professional first.
Below are some local / national sources of specialist and counselling support which you may prefer to access independently:
- The Bridge – a Worcester-based free/low-cost counselling www.bridge-counselling-worcester.org.uk/
- CRUSE – bereavement support and counselling www.cruse.org.uk/
- The Cedar Tree – support with pregnancy choices and pregnancy loss cedartree.org.uk/
- The Glade – support for victims of rape or serious sexual assault www.theglade.org.uk/
- Relate – support and counselling for relationships/couples www.relate.org.uk
- NHS Non-emergency number – for advice/guidance over the phone, Tel: 111 or Visit your GP
- Samaritans – free, confidential 24-hour listening service, Tel: 116 123; Website www.samaritans.org
- British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy www.bacp.co.uk/about-therapy/how-to-find-a-therapist/
- United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy www.psychotherapy.org.uk/find-a-therapist/
If you would like to contact the Counselling and Mental Health team directly, you can email email@example.com or phone 01905 54 2063.